what is your favorite coton de tulear resource
Have you found any sites, books, toys, products, or any other resource that has been a great help or problem solver for your Coton. Share your favorites below in the comments.
I've started with some of mine...
- Coton De Tulear (Comprehensive Owner's Guide). Unfortunately the hardcover of this book goes through some very extreme price fluctuations. If you have a Kindle you can get it for under $10. The hardcover price goes up and down so if you keep looking, you're bound to find it at the lower price eventually.
- How to Groom A Coton de Tulear The Right Way. Unfortunately, this book isnt always available either. You have to keep checking, but for those of you do-it-yourself groomers, it's worth it. I've also heard from many of you that you've taken this book to your groomers so that they give your dogs the proper Coton cut.
- Grooming and Caring for Your Coton de Tulear. Great resource for those who groom their own Cotons and keep them in the standard cut. A bit pricey, but well worth it to learn how to groom the right way.
- CTCA's Official Coton Book. This is a very in-depth book about the breed available on a CD. There's over 1000 pages on every topic you can think of - very comprehensive.
- UCARE (Coton rescue organization) is a wonderful resource for those looking to adodpt a rescue Coton. You can also check Petfinder.com to find Cotons who need a home in your local area.
- Dogfood Advisor. This is one of several websites that will provide analysis on dogfood brands so you can determine if the food your dog is eating is in fact healthy and safe. Check your dogfood - you may be surprised!
- Cowboy Magic Detangler. I don't know of any Cotons who haven't had matting at one time or another, especially those with the standard longer haircut. This product has been a great help in dealing with these dreaded tangled mats.
- Doggy Dan Online Dog Training. This is my pick for an affordable, easy, effective, and humane way to train your dog. You can sign up for $1.00 to give it a try and then watch dozens of videos that will teach you the best way to teach your dog everything including potty training, basic obedience training, and tricks.
- Our Facebook Page. Facebook is another great way we can share our stories, photos, questions, and knowledge about the breed with each other. It's a great way to share when you need immediate feedback or you're on the go.
- YouTube. Just type in coton de tulear and you will find all kinds of videos -some informative about grooming, and some just adorable and fun.
What are your favorites?
Copyright© 2008- All Rights Reserved